What have we accomplished so far
- Preparatory works, orientation and review of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Policy 2012 initiated in 2015 with the consultation of multiple TVET stakeholders. The TVET policy dialogue process has been continuously carried out with 17 TVET line ministries as well as with the Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI), Federation of Nepalese Cottage and Small Industries (FNCSI) and other major employer associations at the local, provincial and federal levels.
- Private sector engagement in TVET policy reviewed with the involvement of representatives of business and industries in collaboration with FNCCI in 2016.
- To institutionalize Knowledge Management and Knowledge Networking for development of TVET, and Quality TVET for Green and Sustainable Economy, meetings and consultations were held at regional and central levels in 2015 and 2016 in collaboration and partnership with the CTEVT.
- Signalling of Labour Market Demands for workers with Technical Skills foreign employment.The labor market signaling assessment study completed in close collaboration and partnership with the CTEVT in 2015 and 2016.
- TVET impact evaluation methodology developed in 2016.
- National TVET MIS developed in 2016 and database synchronization has been completed in 2017.
- A draft comprehensive TVET Annual Report developed in 2016 and disseminated to the concerned stakeholders for the finalization process.
- Labour market assessment in agriculture sector (floriculture, tea Industry, natural fiber and herbal processing) conducted and report disseminated to the line ministries and stakeholders in 2016.
Around the world
You are at UNDP Nepal
Go to UNDP Global