August 2008 to December 2012
January 2013-January 2016
The Election Commission of Nepal
Donor and overseeing agency
European Union, DFID, Danida, Norway
UNDP focal point:
Ms. Pragya Bashyal
Governance Unit, UNDP
UN House, POB 107 Pulchowk, Lalitpur, Nepal
Tel: 977-1- 5523200 ext. 1053
Project focal point:
Mr. Andres Del Castillo Sanchez
Chief Technical Advisor/ Project Manager
Election Commission of Nepal, UNDP, Electoral Support Project
Election Commission, Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: (+977-1) 4231572/4221513
- Strategic Planning: Implementation of ECN’s Strategic Plan (2009-13) and Mid-term review of ECN’s strategic plan, Studies on: Staff retention strategy, Electoral violence prevention, Election Dispute resolution, Electoral Operations, Civic/Voter Education, Training and Capacity Development and Electoral Violence and Mitigation Assessment.
- Professional Development: Exposure to the ECN on Building Resources in Democracy Governance and Elections (BRIDGE) and its institutionalization. Creating a forum for interaction for ECN and its stakeholders.
- In phase I total 51 Election BRDIGE Trainings conducted for ECN officials and other stakeholders; 1148 participants (222 Female)
- Disaggregated data of registered voters for 2013 CA Elections
- Electoral Education and Information Center is officially functioning from 24 May 2012 within the ECN premises. Till date around 14,000 visitors have visited the center.
- GIS Unit established within ECN, equipped with essential hardware, software and datasets. A GIS based maps produced and circulated and supported ECN in mapping of 9824 polling locations (20,890 polling centers) spread across Nepal using Global Positioning System (GPS).